Residential Repair Information
While it is recommended to use a qualified telephone technician for installation, troubleshooting and/or repairs, you may follow the steps listed below to troubleshoot on your own.
Please note the cautions listed HERE before attempting any repairs.
Before you call
Check your cable television service.
- Your telephone service is powered by your local TV cable companies.
If your cable is working, please follow the troubleshooting steps listed below before calling your local cable company. Click here for the pertinent cable company contact listings.
- Our Customer Service Representative will ask you if you checked for dial tone at the Network Interface Device (NID) or Multimedia Terminal Adapter (MTA) before dispatching a technician.
- The Customer Service Representative may also help you determine where the problem is.
- If no trouble is found at the Network Interface Device (NID) or Multimedia Terminal Adaptor (MTA) a Service Charge will be billed for the visit.
- The Service Technician will advise the customer on his/her findings.
- If the customer is not home he/she will tag the door.
- If your cable television service is not working, please call your local cable company. Click Here for area cable company contact listings. Please notify the Customer Service Representative that the Cable service is not working and you are also a Service Electric Telephone customer.
If your telephone is not working, please follow the steps listed in Diagnosing Problems to see if the problem is in the telephone, inside wiring or in Service Electric Telephone Company's network. By finding the source of the problem, you will know whom to call to have the problem repaired.
Note: Service Electric Telephone Company does not repair third party telephone equipment. A service fee will be charged for a problem to telephones or related equipment if you call us to your residence or business.
- If you are having problems making long distance calls, please contact your long distance company.
- Service Electric Long Distance Customers please call (610) 841-4100 or (570) 495-4100 for assistance.
- If the problem is with the lines outside of your home or business, Service Electric Telephone LLC will resolve it promptly, and in most cases without cost to you.
- If the problem is with the inside wiring or jacks you may do the following.
- Make your own repairs.
- Have an electrician, contractor, or a qualified party make the repairs.
The responsibility of maintaining the inside wiring may not be yours if you reside in an apartment, dorm, condo, co-op, nursing home or other group living facility. Please contact the property owner to determine responsibility.